The Delivery Manager provides the single point interface between the customer and the delivery team to ensure smooth and timely delivery of quality software to the customer.
- Accountable for the customer accounts assigned for him/her to manage.
- Ability to quickly understand the domain for the customer they manage.
- Has worked hands-on technically and can understand/guide/correct the teams on solution at high level.
- Manages business scoping and planning activities
- Works with/guides teams on project management, including project staffing, schedule, and budget
- For fixed price projects, reviews project scope, tasks, and deliverables and tracks progress to ensure projects stay within timetables and budgets.
- For T&M projects, ensures high productivity and quality in measureable terms in consultation with customers.
- Bring in culture of good project management practices to all the projects managed.
- Collaborates with the delivery head to ensure optimum utilization of resources.
- Works regularly with the customer’s management to ensure their satisfaction.
- Set up proper quantifiable benchmarks against which each customer’s delivery can be measured for reviews.
- Ensure projects are managed with project plans (project, release, sprint) defining clear achievable milestones
- Identify risks, dependencies and provide mitigation for all the projects he handles.
- Able to identify impact on projects due to various changes during the project execution.
- Working closely with customers / business analysts / technical architects for ensuring that right design and architecture is agreed up on for the projects.
- Ensure compliance with development standards, development process and the documentation requirements.
- Ensure the project is implemented on time within contractual obligations.
- Follow-up with customers to resolve any dependencies and help manage issues/bottlenecks.
- Conduct regular project review meetings.
- Be an escalation point for team to coordinate with all stakeholders to eliminate any bottlenecks or mitigate any risks.
- Communicate status to senior management and customers regularly. Escalate issues to senior management or customer if required appropriately
- Able to influence and implement the best practices of Agile across project teams
- Have a periodic 1 x 1 discussion with the team members provide support where required and nominate team/peer for their achievements
- Understand employee grievances and take initiatives to address and resolve them
- Identify training needs for the project team to improve productivity and quality of delivery
- Build, develop and retain a high performing team of software developers and architects through development, mentoring and career management
- Participate in any proposal activities as part of pre-sales activities for the customer or potential customers
Critical Success Factors
- Develops excellent customer relationship and delivers great customer satisfaction
- Displays good people management skills
- Able to influence best practices of project management and process across projects and organization
- Ensure high Employee engagement and satisfaction, retention of the key team members with high motivation
- Demonstrates ability to follow the existing processes and strives to improve and adapt to new processes
- Builds a culture of excellence in the delivery team
Span of Experience
- 12+ to 18 years
Required Work Experience
- Hands on experience in each of the areas mentioned under “Responsibilities”
- Good Leadership skills
- Ability to mentor/guide project managers and project leads
- Good knowledge and experience in the Microsoft technologies
- Good problem solving skills
- Ability to grasp domain knowledge quickly
- Excellent estimation skills and project planning
- Very good at risk identification and risk management
- Team work and Collaboration
- Excellent Problem Solving skills
- Influencing/Negotiation skills
- Good communication skills
- Good presentation skills
- Excellent customer facing skills
- Excellent people management skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and work towards long-term organization goals
Please direct all related queries to: firstname.lastname@example.org