Frequently Asked Questions
CheckinAsyst is the next generation solution for self-service patient intake and digitized clinical documentation. This solution brings about an enhanced patient experience, streamlined patient check-in, hassle-free documentation and assured payment collections.
It helps practices remove paper and the associated costs and labor by digitizing the entire patient intake forms/workflow, improves front desk efficiency as well as patient experience, and enhances the bottom-line by improving patient financial responsibility collections.
CheckinAsyst works through a bi-directional interface with the respective PM/EHR systems enabling a real-time and seamless data flow.
- The Front Desk Staff – will have a dashboard with a view of all patients details, pulled in real-time from the PM. The dashboard also enables the staff to check insurance real-time (Real-Time Eligibility) for patients at the point of check-in, as required.
- Patients – use any form factor which suits them (a kiosk, table-top, or a hand-held tablet). The digital forms presented are configurable as the rules engine ensures the display of only relevant forms to patients resulting in a faster check-in.
- Providers/MA/RNs – will now be able to launch a clinical reconciliation facility through single sign-on based on the clinical interface capabilities of the respective EHR. This helps reduce provider clicks at the office and ensure more focus on patient care.
CheckinAsyst offers the functionality of Real-Time Eligibility for which we leverage our clearinghouse partners. Also, since payment collection is another important feature of CheckinAsyst, we are integrated with our payment gateway partners as well. From an EHR/PM perspective, we are partnered with Allscripts, athenahealth, Epic and Greenway Health.
Yes, simply click here and fill up the form. A representative will contact you shortly and give you a detailed tour of the product.
Our goal is to provide a supplemental solution that dovetails with a portal functionality. CheckinAsyst does not take the place of a patient portal, rather the goal is that we supplement the functionalities offered by portals to the best extent possible.
CheckinAsyst provides a digital check-in experience and provides a very friendly user interface on an iPad at the front office/point of check-in. Patients can pre-register through browsers on mobiles, PC, laptops, etc.. The patient can simply click on a pre-registration email link on their mobile device and they will be able to complete a configured workflow as set up by the healthcare facility.
Patients have the ability to view/update demographics and clinical information, e-sign assessment and consent forms and also pay outstanding balances.
- CheckinAsyst works in close integration with the concerned PMS and EHR systems. The data flow between CheckinAsyst and PM/EHR happens in real-time and is bi-directional.
- Patients (both new and returning), upon arrival is provided various check-in options through the different form factors. Information already existing in the PM/EHR can be presented to patients as pre-populated fields. Patients can fill and e-sign various forms, update: demographic details, registration related information, past medical history information, all on a simple and user friendly interface. Patients can also be presented with the various visit-related copay and outstanding balance and make payments through multiple payment options, and finally get checked-in. Patients can also check-in either through CheckinAsyst Mobile or the email link.
- After patients are checked-in to see the provider, the data is updated in real-time back to PM/EHR.
Yes, CheckinAsyst enables two kinds of eligibility checks, batch and real-time. Batch eligibility can be fired a few days prior to the day of appointment (configurable as per practice needs), whereas Real-Time Eligibility can be fired at the point of intake.
CheckinAsyst, during the process of check-in, auto reflects a patient’s payment responsibility along with the options to make digital payments like cards or card-on-file. This helps patients to see their payment details and make their independent payment decision without an interference from a third party or an uneasy payment conversation. Patients are also given the option to choose a preferable payments plan that ensures auto-payment at regular intervals.
With zero third-party interference, multiple payment modes and easy payment options, patients are made self-reliant to manage their payments.
The front desk staff/receptionist will have a dashboard with a view of all patients with appointments (pulled real-time from the PM), the status on their insurance, their provider, reason for visit, and patient’s progress status during the check-in process etc. The dashboard also enables the staff to check insurance eligibility or benefits of patients in real-time at the point of check-in, as required.
Yes. CheckinAsyst has an in-built Rules Engine which helps present only the relevant forms to the patient thereby making the experience better and the check-in, faster and more efficient. A key activity during the implementation process is studying your workflows and appointment types and then configuring the digital forms, questionnaires, and workflow to suit your practice.
The goal with CheckinAsyst is to attain a comprehensive digitization experience. This means that all types of consent forms, assessment forms, clinical forms and specialty-related or provider-specific forms can be converted into a digital format.
Yes. Kiosk is one of the platforms in which CheckinAsyst can be made available for your patients to experience a smoother and faster check-in. Patients after reaching your facility can go for an express check-in via the medical check-in kiosks. Via the kiosk, they can: verify their demographic, clinical or insurance details; sign consents forms and fill assessments; make payments using preferable payment modes and quickly move on to see their providers.